There are various aspects to health. Out of which the three most important aspects are Physical, Social, and Mental. Health is nothing but a measure of our body’s efficiency and overall well-being. In this article, I will talk about the five most vital habits you must incorporate into your daily routine to maintain good health.
- Exercise or physical activity- According to WHO(World Health Organisation), We must perform at least 150 minutes of cardio workout and 75 minutes (2 days a week)of strength training per week. Cardio workouts include running, biking, walking, swimming, etc. In other words, anything that gets your heart rate up is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Strength training includes activities accompanied by heavy lifting. Cardio workouts help burn extra calories and build endurance, whereas Strength training enables us to build muscles and strength. Daily exercise reduces anxiety and depression, helps maintain a healthy weight, strengthens muscles, and keeps your heart healthy.
- A balanced diet: A healthy diet must include 40% fruits and vegetables, 25% fiber-rich carbohydrates, 25% protein, and 10% fat. Exercise and diet go hand in hand. You cannot achieve good health by compromising on either of them. A good diet coupled with a moderate and consistent exercise routine keeps your health on par.
- Sleep- Our sleeping time is the most crucial time of the day. It is when the body works on healing itself. Therefore getting a consistent amount of sleep should never be an excuse. An average adult should get at least 7 hours of sleep every 24 hours. Sleep lowers our stress levels, maintains immunity, improves memory, and supports growth and development. Having a scheduled sleep time helps us get a night of better sleep.
- Better Hygiene- Good personal hygiene is one of the best ways to protect yourself from getting contaminative or infectious diseases, colds, and flu. Maintaining good personal hygiene will also help prevent us from spreading diseases to other people. Executing basic hygiene steps such as Brushing twice a day, and cleaning our body well, keeps ailments at bay.
- Relaxation- Performing 15 minutes of meditation daily, every day, is an effective way to explore our spiritual side. Meditation brings clarity and peace of mind.
Thank you for reading:)